About Me

I have voted in every Presidental election since I have been old enough to vote. I have voted for both Republican and Democratic candidates. I am getting more interested in the doings of the government as I am getting older. My typology test result scored me as a Conservative Democrat. I am taking this class because it is required however I want to get as much out of the class as possible since I have to be here. I did okay on the civis and current event quizzes. I also learned a few things that I either did not know or remembered after finishing the quizzes.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Terrorist Play Ground

Congratulations to the fact that the authorities took seriously the information about the smoking car in Time Square. They were able to make an arrest before the suspect was able to fly out of the country. How can a city so large protect itself from potential terrorist attacks? Are we going to become so paranoid that we will not be able to function effectively without always looking over our shoulder? After 9/11 many people were suspicious of people who looked like they maybe terrorist.
Officials said that Mr. Faisal Shahzad booked a ticket on his way to Kennedy Airport and paid with cash when he got there. I just priced a round trip ticket to Dubai leaving on Tuesday for one week and the cost is $940. In December 2007 I had purchased a round trip ticket from Dallas to San Francisco. I later wanted to fly back to Austin instead of Dallas. The difference in the cost was $1.34. I had lost my credit card during the trip so I was going to pay the difference with cash. I was told that I could not pay with cash the $1.34 had to be charged on a card. Because of that, I had to fly back to Dallas. I believe that most people that are flying internationally do not just decide on their way to the airport to book their flight to their destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment